pinterest twittwer_bird

Support Our

Weegie Website

It was gifted to the City by Sir John Stirling Maxwell, the Scottish politician and philanthropist who helped shape the Pollok area into the green space it still is today. The park opened in 1890, and contains a number of different plants and flowers that were taken from the gardens of Pollok House in what is now Pollok Country Park. These species are believed to have been brought back from around the world by botanist and explorer George Forrest. Many of the flowers can be found in the ornamental bed that used to be the base of the Hamilton Fountain.

WHERE IS IT?

In the city’s Southside in the Pollokshields district, opposite the Maxwell Park train station on Terregles Avenue

This small, well maintained park is hidden away within the affluent houses of the Pollokshields area, and is situated next to Pollokshields Burgh Hall.

MAXWELL

PARK

POLLOCKSHIELDS BURGH HALL

NEARBY

SIGHTS

Pin yellow large the KNOWE POLLOKSHIELDS CHURCH Arrow white large back to PARKS & GARDENS reverse-arrow Parks-MaxwellPark01 Parks-MaxwellPark02 Parks-MaxwellPark03 Parks-MaxwellPark04