Near the University of Glasgow’s Garscube student accommodation, it is frequented by student joggers and dog walkers. It was bought by the City in 1892 for the sum of £35,000, and is named after the country mansion it once belonged to. At that time, it was the only park available to resident in the North-West.
Although it has many rose beds and trees, the park is relatively plain. The standout feature is the vantage point at the foot of a large flag pole, and it is possible to not only see the various surrounding hills, but also to spot planes taking off and landing at Glasgow International Airport.