Designed by architect James Chalmers in 1898, he opted for a mix of Renaissance and Tudor styling, with the tower originally having a French dome crowning it, although this has since been lost when neighbouring buildings were demolished. It was built for distillery company Wright & Greig, who owned the Dallasmore distillery in Speyside, better known nowadays as the Dallas Dhu Scotch Whisky Distillery Museum. They were originally owned by Alexander Edward, who sold them to Wright & Greig in exchange for part ownership. They used the distillery to blend their famous Rhoderick Dhu whisky blend, named after the famous Scottish chieftain of the Clan Alpine. He is one of the statues that stands guard over the doorway into Distillers’ House. The other is believed to be James Fitz-James, the Knight of Snowdoun. Both men appear as characters in Sir Walter Scott’s poem “The Lady of the Lake.” The titular Lady herself is found perched above the first floor window that juts out from the corner.